That moment...

That moment...
Launching from Star Peak, NV

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Type or Fly?


The Man in Flames hot-foots it for the horizon. (Ask him about pioneering a new LZ ;-)


Well, apparently the choice has been flying...pretty far behind on the posts. I did get out to the St John fly-in, had a great time as usual. I had good launches, and though starting to focus on landing earlier in the game cost me a few miles, it kept the stress factor manageable, and I enjoyed the flying. The air was pretty ratty both days, the thermals tight, squirrely, and sharp-edged. It quickly became clear than I was not in shape physically for this air, shoulders tired pretty quickly from manhandling the glider so much. Still, flew an hour and a half or two each day and liked it. Great to be in some mountain air, great to catch up with the tribe, Julia did a super job driving, and the BBQ was terrific.

RG basks in glory and anticipation of a new XC bag for his new T2C.

No comments: